Friday, March 16, 2007

*cough*cough*

I don't know where I stand on the outright banning of smoking from public spaces. I don't smoke, never have. But I don't know if I'm all the comfortable with the idea of telling an adult they can't smoke in a BAR. A bar was pretty much set up for smoking (after the drinking of course) and any patron coming in pretty much accepts a degree of exposure to smoke is inevitable. Why ban it from the last place where people can smoke in peace?

But then, as an aspiring bartender, I have to sympathize with the staff I don't want to be exposed to carcinogenic clouds while I work all night. Smoking is everywhere in Japan and recently I've been loosing my voice when I'm exposed to smoky places for more than an hour or so.

And here's some food for thought. I was in a restaurant with someone smoking on the other side of it. One Dude smoking One Cigarette at the other side of the room for 30minutes and the shirt I wore last night still stinks like an ashtray this morning.

No comments: